Thursday, March 11, 2010

What's Nice about 50's



Life begins on a golden year 50's. Really means that you will be becoming smarter as the year goes on. What's nice about it? Oh!!! first of all, you will be thankful of the years passed by with lots of experiences. Second, you look at yourself great and said i made it through this year. And lastly, you are looking forward for more years to come. I was then celebrating my golden year. And that was last year. Sorry for the late coverage, but anyway i will share you a brief story about it. First of all, my better half planned ahead of time to make it happened. And so with our Filipino friends who are fun of partying. We were busy preparing then liked; printing a souvenir t-shirts, machining a rotisserie for grilled pork (LECHON) and building up a Phil-Am flag. We named the party "Escape from Reality" which means they have to enjoy our place away from stressful place where they came from. Mostly, i had a chanced to invite my Filipino friends. I got a majority numbers invited. My friends from Texas were here, the day before. They are a very good friends of mine and helped me a lot in organizing my party. We did the grilling of pig late night, so it should be done early morning. What bad about it? the pig was huge liked 200 pounders and it was hard for the rotesserie to turn it easily. What my hubby did was to cut off the in between part and tied up the head and the butt portion. As if the same whole pig again. I really appreciated my hubby of his patience and perseverance of watching the grilled until early morning. We were very tired that night, but we made sure the following day, we will be refreshing to meet our visitors. We had huge crowd that day. About 10:00 a.m. lots of visitors showed up. They helped me setting up the tables and food. One thing i obeserved, we had cooperation all the time. We started the banquet noon, followed by blowing cake candles, opening of gifts which were awesome and the funniest one was the gag gifts. That was a swank and ridiculous. Some of the guests went to boat riding and some were just on the river site seeing. There was a short dance.There were still visitors showing up in the afternoon. That was really a great celebration. I am very proud of myself even if i am new to where i am. I still have friends around me. Lastly, i would like to thank my hubby (Bill) for his undying love, support, patience and perseverance.To my son (Nicko) for being there for me and to his dad helping him the hard work. And to all my friends especially my friends in Texas for their helping hands to make the party possible. I love you all. Thanked you Lord for all the blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment